Thursday, December 6, 2012

12 Days of Teachers Gifts: Snowman tealight project



I am currently doing a 12 days of Christmas project for my children's teachers at school.  I send them each day with a not that says "On the XX day of Christmas, my student gave to me XXX."  I have my girls each hand write the day and gift.  I did not take a photo of today's project but it was a little box full of gift tags that the teachers can use for their own presents.  Tomorrow the teachers will be getting these cute and easy snowman tealight projects!

I bought a pack of 24 flameless tea lights at Sam's Club and aside from the ones I am using for advent and our votive tree I had no idea what to do with the extras.  I am so glad I came across this project.  I adapted this from an idea I saw HERE.

I used the exclusive Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge Art Philosophy (Z1686).  I cut out the red and green ovals using the <Oval2>  keys at 1 3/4' each.  I then punched out the top red circle using a 3/4" circle punch. For the scallop underneath I cut out a <Scallop> at 1 3/4" as well.  I used my Sizzix texture botique machine and a holly embossing folder to run the pieces through.  I then started assembling.

To create the red brim I used a 1" circle punch and made two random punches.  I then cut the green oval in half.  I glued the green oval on top of the red oval.  I then attached the red circle to the top.  I cut the fringe as an after thought but make sure to cut it before attaching so the adhesive holds well.  Before attaching the bottom green scallop I used the 3/4" punch to make a circle in the bottom for the on/off switch.

After attaching all the pieces I placed two dots of red glitz glitter gel (Z1484) on the cheeks.  I then drew on the eyes and a smile with a black sharpie.  Lastly, I tied a piece of baker's twine (Z1751)for a little scarf.

Thanks for viewing my little project and stop back for more of the 12 days of teacher gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment